Monday, July 31, 2006

On a Serious Note ...

I happened across a blog that reported Black Enterprise's findings
on the low rates of African-American "males' going to college. Yadda, yadda, yadda....I wrote a comment and when I tried to submit it, I was told that the blogger was not accepting comments, so I decided to bore you all with my rant...This, of course...is all family business...if you ain't family, MOVE ON!

When addressing the plight of blacks in education, period, not just the black males, people with good intentions only make the problem worse when they talk about the college and university rates of matriculation for African-American Students.

Personally, it DID NOT HELP, going to a university where the few African-American students, as brilliant as they were, did not have the same reverence for education as other African-American students who, from their youth, were made to understand what education REALLY was and could give them.

The rates of African-American male enrollment is of no concern to me, at this point, because if they want to go to school...they can...so, it's not Harvard...
I need to know that African-Americans are making it a REQUIREMENT to get their young boys and girls interested and on a fast track TO COLLEGE from the moment those kids enter nursery school. There is no point in sticking kids into college just because the numbers don't look good for "a people " unless those kids are truly going to represent and understand what they are getting themselves into.

Not proofread, just a rant...

No comments: